
Wow! Where do I begin?! It's been quite a while since I blogged on here... Well, to be honest, I fell off the wagon pretty hard way back in April and had a very difficult time trying to get back on. One binge lead to another... to another... etc. Sure enough I found myself 9 pounds up in June. WOAHHHHH!!! WTF am I doing?! I had LapBand surgery for a reason! Why am I screwing it all up?! I'm disappointing everyone including myself! I don't want people to think of me as the girl who couldn't lose weight even with LapBand! I knew I had to get a grip. So, I pulled from every direction... I restocked the house with good food.. I began tracking again on MyFitnessPal, I even went to my first support group Post-Op (which did not help me as much as I wanted since it was filled with mainly Pre-Op people), and I went back to my doctor's office in hopes that it would set me straight. One thing that sticks out in my head from my support group that I think helped contribute to my re-found motivation was when one Pre-Op patient asked about the failure rate for her patients. The nutritionist said that she does not see much failure because typically the ones that are struggling or gaining weight do not come back to the office... the ones that are doing great are the ones who keep up with their follow-up appointments! Wow.. that's me to a T! I've stayed away from the office because I'm embarrassed.. I've stayed away from friends... I went ino hibernation which I did before my surgery because I just felt so crappy about myself! Then the nutritionist said that it's a shame they don't come to them for help because that's what they're there for! We originally went to them for help and now when we're struggling and need help the most...we go into hiding. BINGO! It clicked...I am that person that is hiding from help... Well, sure enough, I have seen a HUGE improvement! I'm down 7 of 9 pounds I was up (in 2 weeks) and I mentally feel there again! It really is amazing how mental this whole lifestyle change truly is! Ya know, in the support group, the nutritionist mentioned how one of her patients said they wished they could do surgery on your brain as well as your stomach.. boy did that hit the nail on the head! For me, I have to truly continuously mentally prepare myself that I will get back on, that I can do it, and that I will do it!
Last night I decided to take my 6-Month Post-Op pictures (a little late)... It helped motivate me even more because I was able to see a difference and now I want to see even more of a difference! (Check them out in my pictures section). It made me feel good to see a difference... it was a good visual! I couldn't imagine my life still at 310 pounds.. what a terrible time for me! UGH!
In other catch up news, Brian and I went to Sedona.. OMG, how beautiful! We went sight seeing galore! Went all through Sedona (which I HIGHLY suggest you visit) and went to the Grand Canyon, too! What a fun trip!! I'll have to post some more pictures of the scenery! These pictures made me begin to see a difference in my weight! WOO HOO!!
Over all, I think that everything is falling into place again.. it was definitely a lesson learned. It's amazing how powerful your mind truly is...




I had a friend who was not successful with surgery because a) She was afraid of needles b) she would stop going to the Dr for fear of being scolded. I have seen this happen a lot, so I schedule my appointments, and even if I don't NEED an adjustment, I go anyway, just to check in with my surgeon. You'll get back on track :)
ReplyDeleteHi Hollee!
DeleteMy last appointment at my doctor was just to go there and get back on track! It definitely helped a lot! I am, like you, going to always keep my appointments regardless of needing and adjustment or not too.. I think it will help me just stay accountable for my actions.
Thanks for sharing! :)
Jennifer
I am so proud of you girl! You can do this. And we are all here to support you and cheer you on :)
ReplyDeleteAwww, thank you!! It's so important to have a good support system and I definitely do! :)
DeleteYay! Welcome back!! I was worried about you. But now we are back on track. Let's do this!
ReplyDeleteWOO HOO!!
Delete