Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Feeling Hopeful Again!

I still can't believe that I had my surgery 17 weeks ago!! That just sounds crazy! I remember back when I didn't even want to tell my Mom I was going to drag her to the seminar! lol  Boy have times changed! Here I am, 17 weeks post-op and down 47lbs! I'm pretty happy with that!  I wish it was more, but considering I pretty much had a month of endless eating and not watching, I'm in pretty good shape!  On average, I'm losing around 3lbs a week which is average.  I have to admit, before I got LapBand, I didn't understand how people can lose so few pounds per week, but now that I'm living with my LapBand, I get it.  LapBand isn't like the other weight loss surgeries where, in my opinion, it does the work for you.  I know plenty of people who had Gastric Bypass or the Sleeve and they can't eat food or they're never hungry.  It's different with the LapBand... at least for me.  I AM hungry and I can eat pretty much anything without a problem.  When you hear that the LapBand is a tool... don't take that with a grain of salt.  It really is just a tool to help YOU with YOUR diet and exercise program!  It's amazing, but everyday is a different learning experience!
Well, I'm a little over 3 weeks away from my trip to Sedona with Brian and my goal is to be down 13 more pounds! I'm going to really try to commit myself much more to my weight loss journey again.  Luckily, I got another fill last Thursday (I'm not at 5cc in a 10cc band) and I definitely feel more restriction! I actually think I'm close to my green zone!  I've been trying really hard to understand what I feel after I eat.  I'm still able to eat larger portions than my doctor wants, but nothing alarming.  I mean, I'm able to eat a 4.5oz piece of chicken rather than 3.  It lets me know that I am close but not quite there, yet.  However, I lost 3.5lbs this week so I'm pretty happy with that!  I'm only 3lbs away from the big 5-0! That's NUTS!!!! I can't wait to watch the scale go down even more! I'm finally so much more hopeful again.. it feels so nice!

4 comments:

  1. you are doing great girl! way to go on a 3.5 LB wk WOO HOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been living in the red zone for too long and hoping getting to the green will help me start to shed the weight a little faster. I'm busting my tail and only losing about .5 pound per week :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mindset has sooo much to do with the weightloss. I'm glad you are feeling hopeful and it shows in that 3.5 pound loss! Toss some of that my direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...