Another Bandiversary! 2 whole months!! I can't believe it! Well, unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, I gained 1 pound this week; however, in 2 months I am down 33lbs and I'm pretty happy about that! So, yes, my 1 pound gain this week did not come as a shock or surprise to me. Well, good ole Aunt Flo came to town this week (lol) so you know how bad those cravings are during this time of the month. This week has been the hardest yet!
felt myself falling back into my old habits. What am I doing to myself? Was this what I got LapBand for... just to go back to my old ways? I knew I had to get a grip. But FiberOne brownies don't really count.. you poop them out! I tried so hard to get rid of them and found my addiction getting stronger and stronger to them. So, the other night I came home and decided it was my last hoorah and I was going to eat the FiberOne supply so it would be gone. Nope, I tried and was ready to vomit after about 7 brownies, lol. I decided that I can't keep making excuses for eating these anymore and eating them until they were gone was just plain dumb! I decided to 'hide' the boxes (Costco-size boxes, btw) in my basement (I'm petrified of basements so that's a safe place to hide things from me). So, today, I managed to keep my calories under 600 (and I burned some while exercising) rather than my 1000+ when I was eating those brownies! I'm proud of myself for regaining control! That could have been a catastrophe and I saw it slowly happening. I was almost at the point of no return but the new me overpowered the old me! :)
I'm hoping I can pass the 35lb mark next week! I can't wait to hit 40 so I can say I'm only 10lbs away from my first mini-goal. The lesson I learned... just do what you know is right... don't make excuses for eating something you know you shouldn't be. The scale doesn't make excuses when you step on it! I'm a foodaholic.. I have a serious problem and I know that I will face things like this for the rest of my life. It's scary but it's all about learning to regain that control.


Happy Bandiversary to you! I know those fiber one bars are so good! Excellent job regaining control! You are doing great! That gain will be gone in no time!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris!!
DeleteI have the same problem if one of my favorite treats is in the house. I bring that stuff to work and leave it in the breakroom (where it gets demolished within the hour) when I can't handle the temptation. It worked for leftover Easter pies :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea!
DeleteI can't have treats in the house at all... I will eat them. I have stolen my daughter's Halloween candy in the past. I just have to keep it all out of the house.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you. Having your red flag foods around is asking for trouble. I didn't realize that FiberOne brownies were one of mine.. now I know!
DeleteI can't keep things I indulge in in the house. If I have one, I'm going to have five. IDK what's wrong with me, but this week I'm sooo hungry. I want to eat everything in sight.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way! When you're at the point of hunger that you want to eat everything, you're too hungry though. The positive thing about times like that are they are learning opportunities for us. It's also easier for me to say that now because I'm not hungry lol
DeleteI love the Fiber One bars also. They taste like dessert to me. And they help keep me regular. I've also tried the Fiber One Plus Protein bars...they are pretty good too.
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend loves the FiberOne Plus Protein bars also! I love the FiberOne brownies too much that when they're gone, I think I'm going to keep them out of the house! lol
DeleteI have the Fiber One bars too! They're sooooo good. Hey, I didn't know you were from NY! I am born and raised on Long Island :)
ReplyDelete