Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! That was my alarm this morning waking me up. (I decided to keep out the multiple times I slammed the snooze button down, though). I always wake up on a weigh-in day so anxious and excited to see what the scale says... it's like Christmas morning! lol Well, I did my usual- woke up, went to the bathroom, stripped naked, and jumped on the scale. I stare at the wall as I am on the scale and wait a few seconds for it to balance correctly and then I slowly bend over to see what the number is! I was happy to see that I was down 4 pounds this week for a total loss of 37 lbs in 9 week! I wanted to hit 40 lbs but I'll take 37! I feel pretty darn good! I've had people tell me how awesome I look everyday at work and I'm loving it! One of my friends at work tells me that I look like I keep shrinking! I can't get enough of it! It makes me feel so empowered! Something a little weird happened at work. Well not really weird, but let me explain. I walked into the kitchen as a coworker was complaining to two other women that she is constantly gaining weight, etc and as I walked it she points at me and said "and here's Jen who looks awesome!" I was a bit taken back and just nervously laughed as a reaction. The two other women said to me that I look awesome and asked what I was doing. My response (the weird part) was "well, I had lapband. But I diet and exercise everyday". I hate my response as soon as I said "well, I had lapband..." I felt like I was giving all of the credit to my band and totally underestimating myself for my hard work. I couldn't even believe I belittled myself infront of people like that. Thankfully, my coworker who was complaining about her weight backed me up and said "but it's hard and it takes a lot of hard work with the band. I have a friend who had it and I know it's hard." I responded by saying "oh yeah, it's very hard. If I wasn't so committed to weighing and measuring my food and working out I probably would have gained weight." I felt like I somewhat redeemed myself after that but I don't want people to think that I look this good just because I got banded. I work so damn hard every day with eating properly, working out, and emotionally dealing with my food addiction and I feel like I deserve most of the credit! Yes,
am proud of me!
I have the lapband, but no, it is not making the weight come off! It was one of the first times I felt like I truly deserved credit for my hard work. I realized right in that moment how strong I am being, despite these moments of weakness and struggle. I am doing so damn amazing and I
Anyway, I am so happy that I put the FiberOne brownies in my basement, which I won't go in because I am petrified of basements! I have noticed that I am very hungry a lot though even with my fill, so I am scheduled to go on Monday for another fill. I'm having trying deciding whether I'm actually physically hungry or just head hungry. It's such a difficult concept to understand. Hopefully in time I'll be able to understand it better. I've had food get stuck a lot since this past fill but it's all because I've had either too dry food or ate too fast. Very annoying and very painful also. I guess it's a good way to get me back in check to eat slower and be more conscious about my food. Well, cheers to this week and hopefully hitting 40lbs!
Oh, before I forget, besides MyFitnessPal (my username is ireallywannabthin) I also use an appcalled "Monitor Your Weight" (it's a picture of a little blue scale with 120 in yellow and a yellow and orange graph over it) and it's great to track your progress and see your results on a graph. My favorite feature: it tells you, based on your progress, the estimated date you'll reach your goal! AWESOME!!



Good job on an awesome weigh in!
ReplyDeleteJennifer,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your blog! You are a true inspiration!
You sound so happy and proud of yourself--that is AWESOME! And good for you on not deemphasizing the hard work you've put in. 40 lbs down in no time :)
ReplyDeleteGreat going!! When I tell people I've had the Lap-Band, I always follow it up with "and healthy eating and exercise" too. Sometimes people ask me if it's easy, and I say, "Hell no, it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I count every calorie I put in my mouth. I see my doctor every month. And I exercise A LOT!" I know I couldn't have done this without the band (I'd tried for 30 years), so I don't want to be-little it's contribution. But I also want people to know it's a lot of hard work too.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post Jennifer! Good for you and congrats on this weeks loss!! I am proud of you too! You're right, this is damn hard!!
ReplyDeleteI honestly feel like I am doing 100% of the work. The band hasn't really done much for me other than mentally make me work harder because I've told family and friends I have it and they are expecting me to lose. Does this make sense? I only have 4 CCs so far and other than sliming incidents, I can basically eat as much as I want still. It's the working out and cutting back that's creating results.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking a lot about telling people I have the band and that it diminishes the hard work we do. Feeling inspired to blog about it. Thanks :)
ReplyDeletehttp://thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com/
As a brand new lapbander I really appreciate your blog! Thanks!
ReplyDeletehttp://fat-and-sassy.blogspot.com/