Monday, February 9, 2015

Bumps in the Road

Well, everyone has their story when it comes to approval and all of the preparatory work that goes into approval from insurance, right?! So at my last appointment I met with my NUT and NP to discuss conversion from the band to sleeve.  I also met with one of the Office Managers who told me about my insurance... So, the good news was that I already completed most of my pre-op requirements and only had to get a letter of medical necessity from my primary, get cardiac clearance, finish some blood work, and get a psych eval.  The bad news... my doctor is only accepting my insurance until March 15th!!!  That's only a few weeks away!!  Pure panic rushed though me.. do I get a new doctor? Do I try to cram it all in now?  At first I decided to look for a new doctor. I didn't do any of my pre-op requirements because I figured why bother?!  But then I thought that I should at least get all of my requirements done so I could go to a new doctor with everything completed.  Jump this past Thursday when I get a call from the insurance rep at my doctor's office who told me that given my circumstances with going out of network on March 15th, she has me tentatively scheduled for surgery on March 11th!!!! She also said that I will get a 90-day extension of my insurance after March 15th!  So, here I am now waiting on my letter of medical necessity, a completed psych eval, a completed EKG, and just waiting to complete some of my blood work and get my echo cardiogram and then it will get sent to my insurance for approval. 

As long as my job is okay with this and it gets approved, then I will finally get this damn lapband removed and be sleeved!!!! I am SO beyond excited it's ridiculous!!!  The thought of being able to eat without getting as stuck as I do and actually get full is mind boggling!!!  My fingers are crossed that everything works out.... please say a prayer!!

1 comment:

  1. Damn! Your story makes me so jealous!!! All of you IG ladies getting revisions have had the easiest time! I'm happy for you though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...