Monday, February 16, 2015

Update and Venting Session..

I completed my final pre-op requirement today and met with my cardiologist for an echo-cardiogram.  She said my heart is strong but 2 of my chambers are enlarged which could be just because I am tall but she wants to check on me in a year.  She said otherwise I am strongman enough for surgery.  I read up on enlarged heart chambers and they said that excess weight loss can help- guess it's kind of a co-morbidity?  Anyway, I'm still waiting on my letter from my primary- miscommunication in her office has my letter being prolonged- HOW ANNOYING.  

In other news, my mother annoyed the hell out of me today with my surgery.  She is very against weight loss surgery and thinks it's the easy way out despite her watching me for the past 2 years throwing up, getting stuck, and struggling with my weight loss even with my lapband- I guess that was really easy to her.  Anyway, she told me that if I wanted to have the sleeve done then I should have been losing weight all along.  How that makes sense I don't know.  If it was that easy then I wouldn't need surgery.  Maybe I'm not being as strict in changing eating habits as I should but I sure as hell am trying! It just pisses me off when people, especially my own family, are so uneducated and informed about WLS and so openly judgmental about it.  I miss you mom is constantly showing me magazines of people who have lost "100 pounds without surgery" and shows of people who did it "the natural way" as if she's showing me something I don't know.  Hello?!! I'm 30-years old and I've tried diet pills, regular diets, throwing up, etc and it still hasn't worked so how would the magazines and TV shows you continue to throw in my face help me one bit?!! It really just pisses me off so much- like she's trying to make think that WLS is a bad idea or get on board with her "it's the easy way out" boat.  Ugh, sometimes I wish I had a different family- one that understood and supported it.  Oh well, it's my life right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...