![]() |
| Source: http://www.mariefrance.com.ph/emotional-eating-and-weight-loss/ |
Today marks one week on Phase 1 (Liquid Diet). I can't say it's been easy... it really plays mind tricks on you. I constantly feel hungry which scares me because why am I hungry when I just had around 85% of my stomach removed?! I have a difficult time being around food still... sometimes more than others. It hurts me to smell cooking food.. in fact, that's EXTREMELY difficult. My mom has been very considerate and hasn't cooked while I've been home- it's helped a lot. But I don't know why it's so hard. My stomach doesn't growl but I'm hungry... or am I? Am I really hungry or am I bored? Am I really hungry or am I just craving something? Do I even know what physical hunger is?It started to make me dig deeper into emotional vs. physical hunger.
I did some research and found a website document that really helped "dumb-down" the comparison of emotional and physical hunger for me. The fact that is was just a chart really helped me visualize it much more. Being overweight my entire life, I don't know if I've ever given physical hunger a fair chance. Now that I've been through two bariatric surgeries, I want to make sure that I am fully tackling the mental/emotional aspect of my food addiction. I will NOT let myself fail this time around. I struggled a lot with my lapband both emotionally and physically; I am hopeful that with the physical part being gone now I will be able to strengthen the emotional side.
Food for thought, I guess...


No comments:
Post a Comment