So, today I decided that I really need to start getting serious about this "pre-op" diet. I've tried substituting one meal (breakfast) with a protein shake. I used to drink EAS advantEDGE Carb Control shakes, but it only has 17 grams of protein and I noticed that I wasn't full and would binge afterwards! I bought Syntrax Nectar (Regular and Sweets) because for 1 level scoop it is 100 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, and 23 grams of protein! I tried one this morning, Strawberry Mousse, and I wasn't really a fan. I mixed it with approximately 8 oz. of water, so I wonder if it would be better with some fat free milk instead. I'm not giving up on it just yet! I also have chocolate truffle and vanilla, so I'll try those tomorrow! I read that mixing them with crystal light can also help! So we'll see. However, on a better note, the protein shake did help me stay satisfied longer (granted I was busy at work- but it still helped me!) I had that around 8:30, then around 10:30 I had a 100 calorie Breakstone Cottage Cheese Double. I did (I think out of habit and lack of self control, not hunger) have some M&M's that we have a bag of here at work... I did take a decent amount and ate most of what I took, but managed to regain some control and stop myself! NSV (Non-Scale Victory)- maybe! Around 12:30 I had my lunch- 2 Danon Light N' Fit yogurts. I tried to pace myself so I can get into the habit of not shoveling food down when I'm hungry, and I now find myself pretty content! I don't know if it's because I'm not a huge yogurt lover (unless it's frozen yogurt- YUM) or because my mindset so far today is in rather good shape, but I am ok!
For the past few weeks, I have really been set on trying to get into a routine of dieting and pacing my eating, etc. in order to prepare for the band. I have failed every time. It's amazing how strong of a food addict I am. I've never felt so right about something (besides my incredible boyfriend who will one day be my husband.) I truly believe that all of my failed attempts would have been successful if I had the LapBand.
Anyway, I guess that's why I'm getting it right... to help me get a grip on this crazy and powerful addiction and disease I've been living with for the past 28 years of my life. It's all I've ever known... a love/hate relationship with food. It's time to find some other motivating factors in my life! Crossing my legs, wearing knee-high boots, fitting on roller coasters and airplanes, being a fit Aunt and one day Mother and Wife. I can't wait to start being active again.. getting addicted to exercising and hiking again!! I truly do miss that!
Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can stay on this path... I'm not letting my one mess up today ruin my entire day like I would normally. 1 mess up = "oh well, now I can eat whatever I want and I'll get back on again tomorrow". No more of that. I accepted my mess up, I got a grip, and I moved past it!

No comments:
Post a Comment