Oh Super Bowl Sunday! The day they say the average American consumes 2,000 calories. I know
for sure I was one of those Americans... but, I planned for it! I remember this time last year, I ate so much food because I was only days away from my surgery! This year was different kind of. I've been doing good and am back on the wagon and feeling great! The scale didn't really budge for me this week, but it's ok! I told myself that I had to continue to eat healthy until Super Bow Sunday.. I was pretty successful until late Saturday night (around 8:53 to be exact). Then game over! Bagels, bacon, chips, cookies, donuts, pizza, wings, cake.. yep, that's what I ate! Funny thing though.. Sunday morning, my boyfriend and I went to get our donuts for the game and then we got breakfast sandwiches. While eating (or attempting to eat without getting stuck) I said to him how much I truly enjoyed eating healthy and did not like this feeling when I ate bad. Even when I ate during the game.. after I ate one slice of pizza, I just thought to myself how not worth it eating like crap was! I already felt tired and sluggish just from one slice. Granted, I continued eating more though out the night, but I truly did not enjoy the feeling! I did, however, drink only water because I promised myself it was the least I could to do my body to try and keep it healthy. lol Sure enough, the scale went up- not like I didn't expect that though! It's wild though because after a day of eating tons of sugar and carbs, here I am, a day later, and I feel like I'm going though withdrawals. All I'm craving today is what I ate yesterday! I've read quite a few articles about refined carbs and sugar and it's control on the body and boy am I proving it right! Luckily, I'm in control and not giving! I've done perfect all day and I don't plan on ruining that!
It's always encouraging when someone tells you they can tell you lost weight.. that person usually is my very truthful Mom. She's been telling me she can tell I lost weight again and it's literally music to my ears! I've been looking a lot into Ketosis and it's effect on the body and weight loss and I've been playing around with a lot of foods meals to see what my body reacts best to. Not sure if anyone has looked into it, but you may want to. From my understanding, your body goes into Ketosis when you eat a percent of fat, protein, and carbs specific to your body and metabolism. Basically, high fat, medium amount of protein, and low carbs. It is very similar to the Atkins program, actually! So, that's my new kick these days! I'm determined to get back to my 47lb loss again and just keep going!
In other news, my poor little puppy-wuppy, Monroe, had his first and very long seizure the other night. My mom came into my room in a panic and woke me up yelling because something was wrong with him- he had blood pouring out of his mouth and foam, too. He spent 2 nights in the animal hospital and is now on seizure medicine. Poor thing is 18 years old, now officially blind, and deaf, with really bad arthritis. It breaks my hear to see him like this. Any prayers for him to remain comfortable to make a full recovery would be greatly appreciated. I've had him since I was 11 years old.. I can not picture my life without him... my puppy brother. <3 br="">3>


Superbowl killed my diet :(
ReplyDeleteCarbs and sugar are the devil. seriously. I have the same problem. Once I eat them i crave them for a week. If I have them in the house nothing is safe. I just try and stay far far away from all of it!
ReplyDelete