Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Vicious Cycle

Credit: www.undergroundhealth.com/
After doing amazing these past few weeks and watching the scale drop daily, I sit here now, in complete disappointment, as I have cheated my diet every day since Valentine's Day.  My job has been closed since last Thursday (2/13) and I have been home ever since;  I am off the rest of the week, so of course, all I think about is food!  Plus, eating carbs and sugar only keeps my craving it more.. needless to say, it has been a vicious cycle of eating crap and craving crap! lol My mom has a full knee replacement on Monday, so I have been taking care of my dog as well as going back and forth to the hospital.  It's been a little hectic, but I'm determined to get myself back on track today.  My newest vice is from the store, The Fresh Market.  They sell these absolutely amazingly mouth-watering cookies called pillow cookies.  What are they you ask?! A cookies with a filling inside.. I've been getting the brownie and the almond ones. The brownie pillow cookies are chocolate chip cookies (minus the chocolate chips) with a brownie inside, and the almond ones are a sugar cookies with marzipan inside. I'm a HUGE marzipan fan and brownies, well, duh! lol  I've had them in the house for 2 days and last night I finished them off (just to get them out of the house of course lol)  So, basically, I've been watching the scale go up along with my disappointment all while watching my motivation go down.  It really bothers me when I am so gung-ho over something and then I start to watch it go away.. so last night, I decided to start looking at older pictures of me from when I started doing Power 90 back in 2011.  Seeing those and how much thinner I was.. in my face alone, made me want to get back on track!  So, here I am today, ready to take on the day!  No more messing up.  When I cheat on my diet I'm only hurting myself!  Thank goodness those damn cookies are out of the house! lol

Credit: www.simpledailyhealth.com/
Today, I am determined to get my body in ketosis.  I'm doing a little research on the Keto Diet to try and find out what I can eat (even though I have an idea).  I bought a bunch of Atkins frozen meals, so I think I will eat those for lunch and dinner.  If you don't know what ketosis or the Keto Diet is, google it.  It's pretty interesting. To sum it up, when you eat high fat, moderate protein, and very low carbs, your body starts using your own stored body fat for energy rather than the food you're eating which ultimately puts you in an extremely high rate of fat loss. There is controversy on it, but I've seen great results and I'm intrigued!  I guess we'll see :)

1 comment:

  1. We all stumble girl ... yea I LOVE THE POTATOE CHIPS they are like crack to me.. Good thing is you are back at it. Im proud of you. One meal at a time , one day at a time. You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...