So, I've had a couple of NSV's since my last post. I don't really remember all of them, but I first want to mention that I've been on Phase 2 (soft foods) and I have been doing perfect! I've struggled here and there but overall, I feel great! I am upset because the scale isn't moving- I was thinking it is because I am not eating enough calories but I've been following my nutritionists requirements, so I'm not sure. I called and spoke with her today and she said my body may just be going through changes and it will catch up. We shall see.
Anyway, today my head teacher in my classroom said she saw me walking outside with one of my students and she did a double take because I looked so much smaller- especially my legs! It made me so happy! Brian also told me my legs look thinner! :) It feels good to finally hear this stuff again from people! It just makes the scale not moving a lot more bearable. Another NSV how good I did when I went out to dinner a few times for Brian's birthday. He wanted to go to this AMAZING all-you-can-eat RIBS place.. yes, you heard me right (its delish). Well, I was worried about going there, but I did PERFECT! I skipped the amazing garlic bread, skipped the salad since I'm not allowed that yet and what did I get... I got a half chicken with steamed veggies (which was incredible since it was in the same BBQ sauce as the ribs). I didn't even feel like I was missing the ribs, so it was nice! I'm just really proud of me.. I'm proud of how strong I am being (in terms of following the rules), and I'm proud that I'm doing this. It's hard, and it's a constant learning process, but I'll get there!
I've also been walking. I mean, I haven't done any marathons, but moving is better than nothing, right?! I've never been a fan of exercising, but I'm happy and feel good that I've been coming home from work and going right on the treadmill. I even bought (well, my mom bought it for me) a heart rate monitor so I can track exactly what I'm burning! I'm excited to be part of this healthy world! I'm trying to surround myself with health everywhere. I stopped watching the Food Network endlessly, I'm going to subscribe to health magazines, I follow so many people on instagram that have had WLS, or LapBand, or are just living healthy lives in general. It just feels good not to be so addicted to food and engulfed in food and the glutenous lifestyle I had before! I'm feeling free from the old me!


Glad to hear your feeling good! Great NSV in your post today, it's nice when other people notice your hard work! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThis is great to read. I agree with you, too, that surrounding yourself with healthy media that encourages good choices is the way to stay out of temptations way. I'm very influenced by the "group" mentality and as such have deleted from my blog reading all blogs that are success stories.
ReplyDelete