I lost .5 lbs this week for a total of 28.5 lbs in 6 weeks and I'm flat out BUMMED! I know I shouldn't be because that is a great accomplishment and if I didn't have my band, I know I wouldn't have lost that and most likely would have gained weight instead. I want to say that I am in no way not proud of my accomplishments all around- my weight loss, my dedication to my diet and exercise, and my overall lifestyle change. I am, however, bummed out that I am not continuously losing more weight than this every week. I am a little shocked to be honest. I mean, I am following my doctor and nutritionists instructions for my diet and I'm barely hitting 800 calories a day (I'm averaging probably between 500-700 calories per day). It's actually making me think if getting LapBand was the right decision.. should I have gotten the sleeve? I want to slap myself for even thinking that! I knew from day 1 that the LapBand was what I needed.. nothing else. Now, because the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like or expected, I'm wishing I had done a different surgery? What a hypocrite I'm being, right?! I'm hoping that this weigh in is the same way my previous 2 weigh ins went- 1 week I gain and the next I lose 5 lbs. That would be great! Here's what I'm thinking about my weight loss. Maybe I'm in starvation mode. I read an article about starvation mode that I found useful. I also wonder if maybe I'm eating too much? I don't really know about that because I weigh and measure everything and eat healthy foods all the time. (P.S. I'm getting a fill on Monday!) I also just started doing Power90 again (woohoo) and I wonder if I'm gaining muscle? I have no clue really. I mean, even last week the scale barely moved and that was before I started Power 90. Ugh, I'm just nervous I'm going to go to my doctor's office and they'll wonder why I didn't lost anything. :( Ugh, so many emotions and thoughts. And WTF, my jeans aren't getting any bigger. I sure hope that Power 90 starts working the way it did a few years ago! My body transformed and I looked and felt amazing!
Speaking of Power 90, I took a quick video before and after my first day doing Cardio Day, which I have always dreaded doing! Luckily, it wasn't that bad for me this time around and I had a completely different mindset! All I kept thinking about instead of "when is this going to end" as in my previous attempts was "the harder I work, the more I burn and hopefully the more results I'll see". It's amazing what having a different mindset will do!
you are doing great. But definatly ask the Dr about calories at your next visit.. I would think aiming for 1000-1300 (if you are excersing) is better. BUT I am by no means a Dr so ask him/her what he thinks. Good Luck! Hang In there it will be worth it!
You are doing great Jennifer! On average you are losing 4.75 lbs per week! That is excellent! Don't get hung up on calories. I try to stay between 1000 - 1200 calories a day but that works for me. Find what works for you! I would definately check with the doc for a recomendation. My doc says between 1200 & 1500. But that is too many for me. I do great with right around 1000 -1200.
Everyone I've asked that's comparable in weight to me (currently about 317) says they lose the most when they get between 900 & 1200 calories per day. And you can keep from going into starvation mode by always changing the amount of calories...950 one day, 1100 the next, 850 the next, ect. Keep your metabolism on its toes :)
Hi Mon! Thank you for sharing! I have increased my calories and have seen a difference on the scale. Great tip with the calorie cycling! I just read an article about it recently, too! :)
I'm so glad you increased your calories, and saw the scale move. :-) Going that low worried me - especially with your activity level. There seems to be an article on everything, and it does get confusing - glad you talked to your doctor and had a great week. :-)
Hi Cheri! I, too, was relieved the scale moved even with the increased calories. I thought I was eating too little also and then when I added working out, I had no idea which was to turn! I agree, there is an article for anything and everything out there! :)
you are doing great. But definatly ask the Dr about calories at your next visit.. I would think aiming for 1000-1300 (if you are excersing) is better. BUT I am by no means a Dr so ask him/her what he thinks.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! Hang In there it will be worth it!
Thank you! I'm going on Monday so I will ask them!
DeleteYou are doing great Jennifer! On average you are losing 4.75 lbs per week! That is excellent! Don't get hung up on calories. I try to stay between 1000 - 1200 calories a day but that works for me. Find what works for you! I would definately check with the doc for a recomendation. My doc says between 1200 & 1500. But that is too many for me. I do great with right around 1000 -1200.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your reply and tips, Chris! I do think I was too low and I have increased this past week and so far the scale is moving! :)
DeleteEveryone I've asked that's comparable in weight to me (currently about 317) says they lose the most when they get between 900 & 1200 calories per day. And you can keep from going into starvation mode by always changing the amount of calories...950 one day, 1100 the next, 850 the next, ect. Keep your metabolism on its toes :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mon! Thank you for sharing! I have increased my calories and have seen a difference on the scale. Great tip with the calorie cycling! I just read an article about it recently, too! :)
DeleteI'm so glad you increased your calories, and saw the scale move. :-) Going that low worried me - especially with your activity level. There seems to be an article on everything, and it does get confusing - glad you talked to your doctor and had a great week. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Cheri! I, too, was relieved the scale moved even with the increased calories. I thought I was eating too little also and then when I added working out, I had no idea which was to turn! I agree, there is an article for anything and everything out there! :)
DeleteHave a wonderful week!