Monday, March 18, 2013

Owning Up

This weekend Brian and I went upstate to visit his Aunt.  Well, let me state that typically, going upstate meant it was a food fest! They have an amazing BBQ place right down the road from his Aunt's house and we've always been woken up to some amazing breakfasts (eggs, bacon, bagels, muffins, etc).  No matter what, I always knew I'd have a great time just because of the food! This alone made me scared.. more like petrified to go up there this time around.  Well, long story short- I managed to do perfectly on my diet and did not give in (not even once) to any food around me.  Not even those delicious mini cadbury eggs!  I do have to say, Brian's Aunt was very accomidating and tried her hardest to revolve food around me which made it much easier. 

Now, today was a different story.  After dinner, I was so hungry still that I went on a binge.  Not my normal binge consisting of cake, ice cream, donuts, chips, and whatever else I could find. I had left over pork rinds (a good snack, btw), Weight Watchers string cheese, half of a Granny Smith apple, and a banana.  Healthy foods, yes, but not a healthy habit especially for my band.  Despite the binge, I'm 19 calories over my 1000 calorie limit per day so it's not terrible.  I also worked out today so that helps, but I'm not making excuses.  I flat out had a weak moment and tomorrow it's game on again!  I'm going to do my shake during the day and 1 meal at night and hopefully that will get my back on track.  Thank goodness I'm getting my first fill on Monday.  I know I'm too hungry still even with the original 3cc in my band.  Anyway, I just wanted to vent because now it's out in the open that I messed up. 

3 comments:

  1. Just remember we are all human. We have all been there. I am that way too. And now that it's out there it is time to move on. Some one said to me, the good thing about this is we get to start over again tomorrow. Great point. You will get there. It's hard to break a life time of habits but it will come with time. Keep doing great and keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you realized you had a bad moment and are back on track now ... that is HUGE.... we all have our moments.
    You are doing wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Today is a new day and I'm not letting yesterday mess me up! Someone on My Fitness Pal reminded me that I barely ate 1000 calories yesterday and I shouldn't be upset because I'm still doing great. I guess she's right.. one day won't kill my whole weight loss journey!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...