Happy 1 Week Bandiversary to me!! I can't believe a week ago today I was in the recovery room at this very moment. I actually think this was the exact time I heard my moms voice for the first time since the surgery! awwww... I just got butterflies! It's amazing how much better I feel since a week ago! Not as sore as I was, able to move around easier and sleep SO much better! I feel that within this week I've actually come very far- more mentally than anything. I feel like I"m actually starting to truly understand the band and the banded life more than before. I don't think that anyone could truly understand what it's like to be banded or life the banded life until you experience it for yourself. I did so much research ahead of time, but I didn't expect this. I don't really know what I expected to be honest lol! I'm still in denial about actually having the band. I don't feel anything in there, which is so weird, so I swear I wasn't really banded but instead I was part of an experiment to see how powerful changing your way of thinking really is! lol Could you imagine?! Here I am, not really banded without knowing, but following all of Dr. Rivera's orders and losing weight?! Ha- that would be a story and a half, don't ya thing?
This week was definitely a challenge.. physically and mentally. I was hungry, or at least I thought I was, and I had so many emotional breakdowns I can't even keep count! Luckily, I'm doing much better and I feel much more in control. My life doesn't revolve around food as much already, so I can't wait to see how much more it changes down the road! I do have to say, that getting my water in is the difficult part. I'm doing 1oz. every 5 minutes! It's hard tracking the time in between life. But, I'm managing to do it. Yesterday I took a shower and almost fainted! That was scary! When I mentioned it to my doctor he asked if I had enough water... he said whenever I feel like that or when I feel that I've had enough water, I need to drink more- aka, it's a sign of dehydration! Scary but eye opening.
I went to Dr. Rivera's office yesterday to get my staples removed. Thank goodness they're gone! The thought and sight of them grossed me out! lol He weighed me in and it was less of a weight loss than at home but he said I'm above average for the first week which implied that my body is working perfectly. I guess it's time to announce my first weight loss.... drum roll please......... I'm down 16 lbs!!! I'm still in shock!! I feel good though.. I can't wait to keep watching the weight melt off!



You Rock Girl!!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete