Well, the day has finally come! After 5 days of clear liquids (water, crystal lite, broth, and sugar free ice pops) I finally... FINALLY had my first protein shake this morning!! I have been looking forward to today for days!! I woke up this morning like it was Christmas morning! lol Sounds cheesy, I know, but I couldn't wait for something of substance and a different consistency! This was the first time I tried Premier Protein shakes and it wasn't too bad actually! Since they're higher in calories than my doctor wants (he want 110 calories max and these are 170) the nutritionist suggested doing two shakes divided into three meals. So, the cans were 11oz each, so I did about 7 1/3 oz this morning. I added only 1/4 tsp. of the Torani Sugar Free Raspberry syrup to it because I didn't know how much to add or if I'd even like it. Turns out, I could have added more of the syrup and it wasn't half bad. I also didn't know how I should drink it. Do I just drink like I normally would or do I follow my doctor's plan of 1 oz. every 5 minutes. My nutritionist and doctor has stressed trying to make meals last 30 minutes, so I followed that and made that last for the full half hour. I was surprised I was even able to do it, but it wasn't that hard actually. Maybe I'm starting to get a grip on this whole thing! Anyway, today was the first day I noticed very little rumbling in my stomach! That could be one of two things: either I wasn't hungry or the swelling and gas is going away.. maybe both? lol I just started hearing some rumbling for the first time since I had my shake at 8:30 this morning (it's now 11:30). So, if I haven't been hungry for 3 hours, I'm pretty darn happy!! :) I was sitting here earlier and thinking about what I was feeling in that moment. Is this what it's like to not be hungry? Is this what it feels like or am I just preoccupied and not paying attention to it? I guess I'll start learning more about what I'm feeling as time goes on. I'm also making it a point to keep drinking because I have to and I'm trying to focus on something else. My doctor required 64oz. of water per day so hopefully between the water and protein, I'll start feeling more of what this band has to offer me!
![]() |
| Don't miss the exit! |
I've been jumping on the scale every day since my surgery... yes, I admit it, that is another one of my many addictions! I can't help it though! I'm so excited and anxious to see how the band is changing me! I'm not going to say what the number was until my official 1 week weigh in on Wednesday, but I am pretty happy with what I saw! ;) I do know, however, that this weight loss is a combination of things. For one, I went from binge eating everything to only having clear liquids, so my body has detoxed and went into shock. Also, this is water weight mainly this week that I've been losing. I am aware that this week coming up I will have a smaller weight loss, if any at all and I need to be prepared for it. But, let's be honest, as much as I try to prepare for it and say it's OK, I know I'll jump on the scale and be disappointed that I didn't lose more. But, who knows what will happen! No use in talking about something that hasn't happened yet! But, on the other hand, it's not about the weekly weight loss; it's about the overall picture.. weight loss, behavioral changes, mental changes, lifestyle changes.. all of that accounts for success with the band and I need to keep that in mind. Also, I know that just like any other diet, there will be good day and bad days, weeks of weight gains, no losses, and huge losses. It's taking it all in and making if your own... everyone's journey is different and everyone's journey is their own. It's about creating your own journey and getting off at the right exit...
So, last night I was up talking to my friend, Alana, who I met on LapBandTalk (LBT). It's so funny how similar we are! We are close in age, we just about have the same profession, we live within miles of each other, we both got LapBand (within a week from one another) and we have the same surgeon! How funny!? Last night we were up until 2 texting back and forth about life, the band, whatever. I have to say, it's so nice having her! Ya know, you meet people a lot, especially on LBT, and each one of them help you, but I feel such a strong connection to Alana and it has helped me tremendously! She had surgery just about a week before me. I'm trying to be there for her as much as I can and help her along, but I feel like I'm leaning on her much more! Of course I keep asking how she's doing because I care about her and I know what it's like going through this right now, but I also keep going to her so I know what to expect. Is that wrong? She's such sweetheart and has helped me so much and has made this experience a lot easier for me actually. Once we're healed up, we're going to meet each other and I know we're going to just click even more in person!
![]() |
| My four incisions |
I go to my doctor tomorrow to get these annoying staples removed! FINALLY!! I know they're healing because they're getting itchy! I'm scared to see my incisions and I'm scared to not have anything over them. Since my surgery I've been such a bum! I haven't worn a bra (except for when I went outside of the house yesterday for the first time), and I have been wearing my pants under my belly! I really feel like an old lady in her 90's who just doesn't give a shit anymore! lol Going back to work will be a real shock, huh?! ;)
I just hope that today stays the way it started- happy, positive, felling good, and in control! Cheers to the rest of the day!



No comments:
Post a Comment